Monday, March 12, 2012

Pilot Scheme For Speeding Drivers

I Have recently been photographed speeding for which I have beenfined GBP60 and given three points on my licence, which I accept.

What I do object to is the fact that a friend of mine has alsobeen stopped but was given the option of either a GBP60 fine andthree points or a GBP60 fine and attend an educational scheme calledTaboo which is run by the Avon and Somerset police.

This, I have been informed is a one and-a-half-hour educationallesson showing the damage that speeding does.

Having spoken to someone who is running the scheme I have beentold that at present Taboo is a pilot scheme which hopefully willtake off.

On Saturday, February 1, 100 people attended the session whichmeant 100 people chose not to have points on their licences. I wasalso informed that this scheme is only available in certain areasaround Bristol - mainly blackspot areas.

Where is the justice in this? I feel that if Avon and Somersetpolice offer this scheme it should be offered to everyone and notjust those who happen to be caught in the pilot area.

B Batt, Lockleaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment